AGE-WELL – HACKING HEALTH National Ideathon
Join the conversation #agewellHH
The AGE-WELL – HACKING HEALTH National Ideathon will consist of four local ideathons in Toronto, Montreal, Halifax and Vancouver. A competition will follow each local ideathon. Winners will then be invited to compete at the National Ideathon at the AGE-WELL 2017 Conference in October 2017.
Registration for Local Ideathon
To participate in a local ideathon, applicants must:
- Register on agewell-nce.ca/agewellhh and attend an ideathon in one of the four cities. Registration is $20 per person.
- All registrants must agree to AGE-WELL’s award requirements as laid out in the Competition Rules & Regulations.
- Attend their local ideathon to work on a project in line with “healthy aging” topics
- Participants are welcome to bring a draft copy of the application form to receive feedback
- Teams of participants brainstorm over healthy aging topics to come up with innovative solutions to pressing challenges. Participants use user-centric design techniques and methodologies (such as ideation, journey mapping, and prototyping), and the creation of an initial business case to propose a novel solution.
- Application materials and submission dates for the national competition will be shared at each local ideathon.
Competition Application Process
To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for National Competition
- The idea/project must be a new and unique technology and/or service (in the ideation phase), and specifically targeted to older Canadians and their caregivers.
- Applicants must be based in Canada, and/or at a Canadian organization.
- Any applicants under the age of 18 must get consent from their parent or legal guardian to participate in the competition.
- All applicants must agree to AGE-WELL’s award requirements as laid out in the Competition Rules & Regulations.
- Any person(s) who are members of the jury, mentors and members of the AGE-WELL and Hacking Health organization team, and anyone with whom these individuals reside are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must submit their idea video/slides within one month after the local ideathon.
- Each team must submit a complete list of team members (if applicable) along with their signed application form.
- One winning applicant(s) from each local event will be selected by a panel of judges and will be invited to the competition finale at the AGE-WELL 2017 Annual Conference.
- Winners selected after each ideathon for the finale must be on-site to present their demos on October 17-19, 2017
Please consult our Competition Rules & Regulations document for full competition details.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information