PITCH, LEARN, NETWORK
AGE-WELL Pitch Competition:
Technology to Support People with Dementia
Saturday, July 23, 2016
6:00 – 9:30 pm EST | Toronto, ON Canada
Ontario Room, Royal York Hotel, 100 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5J 1E3
AGE-WELL, in partnership with the Global Council on Alzheimer’s Disease (GCAD), Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc., Aging2.0 Local | Toronto, the Ontario Brain Institute, and the Women’s Brain Health Initiative is proud to host a pitch competition this July in Toronto, ON Canada.
The AGE-WELL Pitch Competition: Technology to Support People with Dementia is a networking event for emerging ideas, products, and startups in the technology and aging space with a focus on dementia. Ten finalists will present their business focus on stage in a rapid 5 minute presentation to a panel of expert judges. The event will provide an opportunity for participants to showcase their brands to potential partners and customers. Entrepreneurs will have a chance to network with leading researchers, industry and investors at the reception. Members of the public will hear about new innovations in the technology to support older adults and caregivers.
- Braze Mobility Inc.
- Care Angel
- GRAY MATTERS
- KUBI – Revolve Robotics
- MotioSens Inc.
- Automated Vision System for Ongoing Pain Assessment and Monitoring in Dementia
- Winterlight Labs Inc.
Read more about the finalists here.
Pitch Format: Each participant will give a 5-minute presentation (accompanied by slides) followed by a brief Q&A session with the audience. Pitches will be recorded and may be posted online.
Prize Package for the Winning Pitch:
- One year free membership in the AGE-WELL Network of Centres of Excellence, including access to more than 200 companies and research experts in the field of technology and aging
- Consultation and mentorship from the Global Council on Alzheimer’s Disease (GCAD), which includes prominent experts and organizations in the Alzheimer’s field
- Two passes to present and pitch at the Annual AGE-WELL Conference, October 17-19 in Montreal
- Two passes to the Aging2.0 Optimize, October 12-14 in San Francisco
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org