AGE-WELL Opportunity Fund
Is there an event that will give you great exposure? A chance to meet a key customer or partner? Need marketing material for a trade show? Content development for your website? These are all important activities tied to specific and significant outcomes. The AGE-WELL Opportunity Fund is designed to support these activities so you don’t miss out! AGE-WELL Startup Affiliates can apply to be reimbursed for funds of up to $2,000 for activities leading to a quantifiable commercialization output.
*This program will restart April 1, 2020
The funds should be used for current needs and opportunities to grow your business. Eligible activities include:
- Tools, development of written materials
- Marketing (e.g., web development, promotional video, press release)
- Market studies for your product(s)
- Prototype development
- Some professional services (contact us for eligibility of service),
- Travel costs to attend conferences, trade shows and other such events
- This funding is only accessible to startups that are affiliated with AGE-WELL
- Funds cannot be used for salary costs
- Only in extreme circumstances will Opportunity Funds be granted to a company or person more than once per calendar year.
Terms and Conditions
- Awards are given as reimbursements (see AGE-WELL Opportunity Fund – REIMBURSEMENT INSTRUCTIONS)
- Within 4 months of reimbursement, award recipients must provide a (max) 250 word summary on what the funding helped achieve
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis via email with decisions made within one week.
Applications will be reviewed by AGE-WELL’s Commercialization team using the following criteria:
- Value-add or benefit of the proposed activity to the startup or entrepreneur
- Fit with AGE-WELL mandate and priorities.
- Appropriate budget justification for the proposed activity
A completed application form outlining the activity to be undertaken, how much funding you request (up to $2000), and a justification of the funding request.