Minister of State Wong to Announce Investment in New National Research Network – AGE-WELL
The Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors) will meet research teams with AGE-WELL (Aging Gracefully across Environments using Technology to Support Wellness, Engagement and Long Life), one of Canada’s newest Networks of Centre of Excellence. AGE-WELL will demonstrate three technologies. The Minister is expected to make an announcement.
Monday, January 19, 2015
11:00 Demonstration and Photo-opportunity
Carlyle Room, 3rd Floor (use red elevators)
Eaton Chelsea Hotel, 33 Gerrard Street West, Toronto
- The Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors)
- Michel Perron, the VP of External Affairs and Business Development, Canadian Institutes of Health Research (NCE representative)
- Susan Jewell, Senior VP and Executive Lead, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute – UHN
- Dr. Alex Mihailidis, Joint Scientific Director of AGE-WELL and the Barbara G. Stymiest Chair in Rehabilitation Technology at the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute – University Health Network and the University of Toronto
- Dr. Andrew Sixsmith, Joint Scientific Director of AGE-WELL and professor and director of the Gerontology Research Centre at Simon Fraser University
AGE-WELL (www.agewell-nce.ca, @AGEWELL_NCE) is a pan-Canadian network of industry, non-profit organizations, government, care providers, caregivers, end-users, and academic partners working together using high-quality research to drive innovation and create technologies and services that benefit older adults. Our vision is to harness and build upon the potential of emerging and advanced technologies in areas such as artificial intelligence (AI), e-health, information communication technologies (ICTs), and mobile technologies to stimulate technological, social, and policy innovation. Toronto Rehab, University Health Network is the AGE-WELL host institution. An additional core facility is based at Simon Fraser University (SFU)’s Interdisciplinary Research in the Mathematical and Computational Sciences (IRMACS) Research Institute.
View a PDF version of this media advisory.
For media interviews or more information:
|Victoria Ollers 416-822-2288, firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Tyler 416-254-0698, email@example.com||Scott French, Director of Communications and Parliamentary Affairs, Office of the Minister of State (Science and Technology), Tel: 343-291-2700|