Position: Knowledge Mobilization and Communications Manager
Site: Toronto Rehab- University Centre
Department: AGE-WELL NCE
Reports to: Manager Director, AGE WELL NCE
Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week
Status: Permanent Full-Time
The candidate will be a member of the AGE-WELL Network hosted by Toronto Rehabilitation Institute –University Health Network. AGE-WELL is a pan-Canadian network of industry, non-profit organizations, government, care providers, end-users, and academic partners working together to drive innovation and create technologies and services that benefit older adults. The Knowledge Mobilization (KM) and Communications Manager for the AGE-WELL Network of Centres of Excellence is responsible for the development and implementation of Network-wide knowledge mobilization (KM) strategy to ensure that research knowledge is relevant and applicable for knowledge users (e.g. decision-makers, older adults, clinicians, industry partners) and that it is best positioned to achieve uptake and impact.
The primary role of the successful candidate will be to promote the scale and spread of innovations developed by AGE-WELL. The position will leverage expertise of a broad partner network and apply knowledge mobilization best practices to enhance AGE-WELL activities.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop communications about AGE-WELL research that are suitable for the online and social media environment. Works with communications team to integrate to our existing platforms and procedures
- Identifies value propositions and prepares knowledge summaries or other products, as appropriate, for target audiences to maximize Network-funded research reach and impact.
- Consults with project teams to ensure that AGE-WELL projects have appropriate KM and stakeholder engagement plans that are relevant and feasible for the sector
- Evaluates new and current knowledge mobilization activities for funded projects, and the Network as a whole, to ensure alignment with strategic goals.
- Supports the design and delivery of existing events and design sessions based on appropriate engagement and dissemination methods for our diverse audiences.
- Supports the AGE-WELL Knowledge Mobilization Leads and network management to help elevate the technology and aging research and innovation agenda via KM activities.
- Develops, tracks and documents NCE and monthly/annual performance indicators related to knowledge mobilization efforts, communication activities and associated social and economic impacts
- At minimum, completion of a master’s degree in one of the following areas or equivalent: health sciences, public policy, communications, knowledge translation/ mobilization or recognized equivalent required
- Background in applied health science or gerontology an asset
- At minimum over 3 years up to and including 4 years practical and related experience
- Previous experience in a knowledge mobilization or knowledge brokering role required, preferably in an academic research environment. Specialized skills to apply knowledge management principles, tools and practices to support the spread and uptake of initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste your resume and covering letter. You will also be asked to please attach 2 sample writing pieces and your resume. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: October 13, 2015 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.