AGE-WELL is pleased to announce that it will again offer research funding to highly qualified graduate students and postdoctoral fellows across Canada through our Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Awards in Technology and Aging.
AGE-WELL NCE is a national research network whose goal is to accelerate innovation in the field of technology and aging in order to improve the quality of life of older adults and caregivers and produce economic and social impact for the benefit of Canadians and the global community.
We expect to offer the following AGE-WELL Funded awards in this 2017 call:
- 3 Master’s level awards at $10,000 (1 year award)
- 4 PhD level awards at $15,000 per year (2 year award)
- 3 Postdoctoral level awards at $20,000 (1 year award)
AGE-WELL has partnered with a number of community, industry, and post-secondary groups to further expand our collective impact and to build capacity among Canada’s young researchers. We expect to offer the following co-funded awards in this 2017 call:
- 1 Master’s level award at $17,500 (1 year award)
- 1 PhD level award at $25,000 per year (2 year award)
- 1 Postdoctoral level award (PhD) at $40,000 (1 year award)
- 1 Postdoctoral level award (MD or Pharm. D) at $56,500 (2 year award)
AGE-WELL-UC BME Grad Awards
- 1 Master’s level award at $10,000 (1 year award)
- 1 PhD level award at $15,000 per year (2 year award)
Funding will commence on 1 September 2017 or 1 January 2018 and is non-renewable. This award is subject to the training and reporting requirements of the AGE-WELL Awards.
AGE-WELL-WBHI Post-Doctoral Award in Women’s Brain Health, Technology and Aging
- 1 Postdoctoral level award (PhD) at $20,000 (1 year award)
Successful candidates will also gain access to invaluable training and mentorship opportunities through the EPIC training program for Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP). AGE-WELL’s HQP program is designed to build and elevate the technology and aging sector in Canada. It will train the next generation of researchers and professionals in this area and will drive the development of new knowledge, services and products for healthy aging.
Applications open: 1 May, 2017
Application deadline: 31 May, 2017
For more information and how to apply to this program visit: http://agewell-nce.ca/training/graduate-student-and-postdoctoral-award