Grant administration updates
AGE-WELL is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, and is taking steps to support our grant recipients, trainees, partners, committee members, employees—and the wider community.
We are cancelling or postponing non-essential events and travel through May.
Update on COVID-19 and impact on AGE-WELL Programs and Operations (March 20, updated March 30)
AGE-WELL has received numerous questions about how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect various programs and operations. We are able to confirm several updates below.
Note that AGE-WELL follows the rules and policies of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) with regard to research financial administration and will aim to share updates with our research community as soon as possible that align with Tri-agency measures.
- No-cost extensions: given the current closure of labs across the country and shifting business continuity plans of many universities and research centres, we understand that researchers holding awards with March 31, 2020 end dates (e.g. CRP 2015, CRP Catalyst etc.) may have difficulty meeting various financial and reporting deadlines.**UPDATED MARCH 30: Automatic 6-month extensions have been approved and communicated to research finance offices for all AGE-WELL grants ending March 31, 2020 without a previous extension request. No application for extension is required of Network Investigators. Institutions will track and inform the Network Management Office of any extensions used to manage year-end delays related to COVID-19.
- AGE-WELL annual reporting to NCE: NCE has extended the annual report deadline for networks by one month. Accordingly, AGE-WELL will adjust all of its associated reporting deadlines by the same time period. Forum output reporting (previously due March 13) as well as WP/CC/IH narrative reports (previously due March 26) are now due May 1.
- End-of-term reports (narrative) for CRP 2015 grants: grants requiring extensions (see above) will have end-of-term report deadlines adjusted accordingly. Grants not requiring project extensions as per above will be granted an automatic one month end-of-term reporting extension to May 30.
- End-of-year financial reporting: the financial reporting (F300) deadline (previously April 30) will be extended to May 30.
- Booked travel: AGE-WELL and many of its Network Member universities have issued bans on non-essential work travel. AGE-WELL is canceling or postponing all non-essential events and travel through April with extensions anticipated. Network travel booked through Egencia can be cancelled as per the guidelines of the specific travel vendor. Please refer to the information in your Egencia confirmation.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tri-agency message on COVID-19 (March 16)