April 5 is National Caregiver Day when we recognize the nearly 8 million Canadians who care for family and friends who have chronic health conditions, disabilities or functional limitations. Combining care work and paid work is the norm for many employed Canadians, with caregivers making up 30-35% of the paid workforce. Join a catalytic conversation with our panelists to discuss the challenges of balancing paid work and unpaid caregiving responsibilities, the marketable ‘soft’ skills that caregivers acquire as part of their care journey, and how employers can benefit from and better support caregivers in the workplace.
The webinar will cover:
● Challenges of balancing paid work and unpaid care responsibilities. What’s working and what’s not?
● Ways to support caregivers in the workplace: technology, policies, and practices.
● Wendy Moyle, employed caregiver and owner of Wendy’s Errands for Elders
● Janet Fast, Professor, Department of Human Ecology, University of Alberta and AGE-WELL researcher
● Kenya Kondo, Co-founder, MyMatchWork.com
● Frank Monteleone, Chief People Officer & President, Rexall Care Network
● Jacquie Eales, Research Manager, Research on Aging, Policies and Practice (RAPP), University of Alberta
● AGE-WELL NCE
● Canadian Home Care Association / Carers Canada
● University of Alberta, Research on Aging, Policies and Practice