🗓 Thursday, June 22, 2023
🕑 3 PM – 6 PM ET
🏢 The LOFT (7th Floor) @ SPACES QUEEN WEST (180 John Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1X5)
Spaces are limited! Register today to be a part of the National Impact Challenge 2023 – Bold Innovations for Living Pitch Night where finalists will pitch their innovative and impactful solutions for aging with choice and dignity.
The National Impact Challenge – Bold Innovations for Living powered by AGE-WELL and SE Health aims to move the dial when it comes to supporting older adults and caregivers in Canada.
Finalists will pitch their technology, innovative program, or service to a panel of expert judges in a 5-minute pitch presentation followed by a 5-minute Q&A session. They will explain how their solution can positively impact older Canadians and caregivers as they compete for cash prizes and in-kind services.
The challenge is focused on three themes:
1. Aging in Place & Community: How can we enable older adults to age in the place of their choosing?
- Supportive Homes & Communities
- Support Networks or Community Building
- Products, Tools, and Strategies to Support Living at Home (e.g. Everyday Tasks, Services)
- Cognitive & Mental Health
2. Living with Purpose & Meaning: How can we reimagine how older adults can contribute their skills, talents, and years of experience towards a new purpose?
- Staying Connected, Intergenerational Programs
- Financial Wellness & Employment; Reimagining Work – Transition to 3rd Act (e.g. Working Part-Time, Mentoring)
3. Empowerment: How can older adults have choice, dignity, autonomy, and matching support to age well in their community, on their own terms with the resources that align with their wishes?
- Healthy Lifestyles & Wellness
- Health Care & Health Service Delivery
- Autonomy & Independence
- Mobility & Transportation