Our Core Research Program, supports multidisciplinary teams of researchers across Canada. You can read about the 25 core research projects funded in 2015 in the research themes and projects section of this website.
We are currently inviting proposals for new core research projects include in AGE-WELL’s renewal application for funding beginning in 2020. The new Core Research Program will provide significant funding for 3 years to projects that:
- Are driven by real-world problems and challenge areas
- Address specific areas of interest to AGE-WELL and its partners and stakeholders
- Focus on innovative technology-based solutions to support older adults and caregivers
- Are user-centred, involving end-users and stakeholders in all stages of the research
- Deliver not only the technology but the practice, policy, and service delivery models that are needed for the solution to be effective
- Use a transdisciplinary approach
- Have the potential to lead to economic and social impact
- Help AGE-WELL to achieve its mission
The Catalyst Program supports innovative research projects aimed at generating, promoting or accelerating economic and social benefit in the field of technology and aging.
The SIP Accelerator program supports innovative post-discovery projects focused on the commercialization and/or knowledge mobilization of solutions (e.g. technologies, services or policies) aligned with AGE-WELL’s mission and vision.